- Abbott's Lobster in the Rough, Noank CT (lobster shack - "hard to find, impossible to forget")
- The Crab Claw, St Michael's MD
- L'Escale at the Delamar, Greenwich (way upscale)
- Louie's, Manhassett Bay (casual American)
- Skipper's Dock, Stonington (mellow atmosphere reminiscent of a bygone era in cruising)
- The Oar, Block Island (sailor's hangout)
- Skipper's Pub, Northport (burgers and bloody's)
- 28 East American Bistro, Danford's Marina, Port Jefferson
- Harbor Lights, Norwalk
- Guilford Mooring, Guilford (built in 1836 of native granite - traditional NE fare)
- The Chowder Pot Pub, Greenport (great views of Peconic Bay)
- Dock & Dine at Saybrook Point in Old Saybrook (amazing view of Long Island Sound)
- Sea Swirl, Mystic (quintessential clam shack)
- The Mooring, Newport (extraordinary wine selection)
- The Castle Hill Inn, Newport
- Dennett's Wharf Restaurant and Oyster Bar, Castine ME
- The Lobster Dock, Boothbay Harbor, ME
- The East Wind Inn, Tenant's Harbor, ME
- The Waterfront Restaurant, Rockport ME
- The Spiced Pear, Newport
Abbott's Lobster in the Rough just might be the best place on the seaboard for lobster. With picnic tables spread out on a lawn overlooking Noank Harbor just across from its famed Mystic neighbor, the air is heavily perfumed by the sweet smell of pink lobster meat. They specialize in large lobsters, and if you don't mind waiting at peak summer meal times, it can be summer paradise.
We're having a tough time limiting the list to 10 so we have 20 listed here that we are either going to whittle down, reorganize into groupings, or add to. It's rather difficult to position the likes of Abbott's, Crab Claw and L'Escale in the same breath. Send us your favorites and we'll see what happens.
|Please Note: Normally the number 1 selection each month receives a free link to their website for that month. This month, the resources are so valuable and generally non-commercial that we decided to provide permanent links to each.
Being named to the list does qualify those honored to sponsor links. Please contact us for details.
The list is not revealed prior to posting so the selections are made in relative absence of bias according to reasonably well defined criteria. You are invited to submit names for consideration.