Looking for a book,
or something else:
Click here for
Click here for
and support our work when you buy!
(no cost to you)
- Panasonic Toughbook Rugged Mobile PC Tablet ~$1500 retail if you can get it
- GPS Mouse (for more info, click here) ~$20 on ebay will turn your laptop into a nav system
- Satellite phone - send your words through the sky to anywhere on earth
(Just be aware of the minutes expiring!)
- Wireless wire tracer - find the two ends of a wire without seeing it end to end
- Cell phone/PDA (Blackberry) - wireless email and phone within range of wireless networks
- Carmana anchor light - solar powered anchor light won't use any juice and can be hoisted to any height.
- Handheld Radios (FRS/GMRS/VHF) - promotes civilized communications
- Uniden WHAM Wireless VHF remote - let's you bring your VHF mic along anywhere on the boat
- Tacktick Anemometer (~$1500) solar powered wireless instruments
- Wirie Long Range WiFi and 3G/4G Systems - 100% wireless (WiFi) systems designed for the marine and RV environments, that also support 2G/3G/4G data connections
The Panasonic Toughbook is our hands down winner for best wireless device for boating. Armed with your favorite navigation software, and connected wirelessly to your PC networked from a safe spot onboard, it is a navigator's dream. Angle it away from the sun, take it with you to the helm, set the anchor alarm in your cabin, huddle under the doger with it at night, it is no-compromise navigation at its best. It is built to military specs and reasonably affordable. Santa can bring me this any time of year!
Transform your laptop into a navigation system with a GPS receiver. Plug the GPS receiver into your notebook's USB port and you're ready to plan trips, locate destinations and find points of interest such as hotels and restaurants. Your navigational solution operates using your notebook's power source and provides precise information on your location and how to get to your destination. Power is derived from the USB bus so only a single cable is required. Travel positions are updated in real-time on your laptop or tablet PC with use of your own street mapping software. This USB GPS for Laptop can be used with virtually any mapping software. Use it in your car, boat or RV; this GPS for laptop can be used anywhere in world.
|Please Note: Normally the number 1 selection each month receives a free link to their website. This time, the resources are so valuable and generally non-commercial that we decided to provide permanent links to each.
Being named to the list does qualify those honored to sponsor links. Please contact us for details.
The list is not revealed prior to posting so the selections are made in relative absence of bias according to reasonably well defined criteria. You are invited to submit names for consideration.
(for a better viewing experience, you may wish to turn off your ad blocker)